Last time I have discussed the introduction of human resource management. Today I will discuss the difference between human resource management (HRM) and personnel management. Most of discuss that there is no difference between the two but there is difference, let us discuss them one by one:
1. Focus: – the focus of personnel management is the organization interest while the human resource management HRM is concerned with the development of individuals.
2. Philosophy: – human resource management HRM represents humanization of management while personnel management is concerned with managing personnel.
3. Pervasiveness: – human resource management HRM is concern of all managers from top to bottom in an organization while personnel management is the concern of personnel manger.
4. Team work: – human resource management HRM is concerned with working with people while personnel management is administration of personnel policies.
5. Motivation: – human resource management HRM is mainly concerned with motivation, job satisfaction of the employees while personnel management is concerned with recruiting, selecting and appraising employees.
The above are the main differences between human resource management and personnel management.