Motive, Motivation, and Motivators
In this article, we will discuss motive, motivation, motivators, and features of motivation. Let us discuss them one by one:
It is the internal desire of an individual to work towards the achievement of the goal. It results in restlessness in the individual as he wants to achieve his goal. It arises due to the needs of an individual. For example, to fulfill the motive of getting good results, students study hard. So motive is the internal state of mind of an individual to work for the achievement of the goal.
It is the process of inspiring, inducing, and stimulating the employees to perform to their best ability to achieve the goal of the organization. It can not be forced on employees.
These are the techniques or incentives which are used to motivate the employees. For example, increment, bonus, reward, promotion, respect, etc.
Features of Motivation
- It is a continuous process. AS it is a never ending process, required in any kind of organisation everytime.
- It is a psychological phenomenon as it is internal feeling, it can not be forced on the individual
- It is a complex process as it involves human being, a manager must understand various needs of human being.
- Motivation can be positive or negative,in the sense that a person can be motivated positively by giving him promotion, reward, bonus etc. On the other hand it can be negative like demotion, stopping increment etc.
- It helps in achieving the goal of the organisation.
The above is about motive, motivation, motivators, and features of motivation.