Concept of human resource planning:
Human resource (HR) planning or manpower planning is the process by which the organization ensures that it has the right kind of people, at right time, at right place and they are working effectively and efficiently and help the organization in achieving the overall objective. It is a continuous process. Of developing and determining objectives, policies that will procure, develop and utilize human resources to achieve the goal of the organization.
Objectives of Human resource planning/ manpower planning:
1. To ensure proper utilization of human resources.
2. To check the development of the employees for the achievement of the organization goal.
3. To ensure proper human resource policies.
4. To provide proper control measures whenever required.
Scope of Human resource planning/ manpower planning:
1. To make the list of current manpower.
2. To check how much current manpower is being utilized.
3. To find out how much manpower is required.
4. To make manpower procurement plans.
5. To make the training programmes.
Importance of Human resource planning/ manpower planning:
1. Human resource planning/ manpower planning is helpful in finding out surplus/ shortage of manpower.
2. It is helpful in employee development.
3. It is useful in finding out the deficiencies in existing manpower and providing corrective training.
4. It is helpful in overall planning process of the organization.
I hope you understand the concept, objectives, scope and importance of human resource planning.