Meaning or definition of Job specification:
Job specification is a document which describes the requirement of the job holder. It is the minimum acceptable human qualities which are required to perform the job. Job specification translates the job description into human qualifications and sometimes the level of performance required for successful completion of the job.
Contents of job specification
It generally includes the requirement of job holder which consists the following information:
1) The job grade title.
2) Age limit of the job holder.
3) Educational qualification of the job holder.
4) Mental abilities required by the job holder.
5) Experience of the job holder.
6) Skill required in operating the equipment.
7) Maturity, innovation and dependability of the job holder.
8) Leadership qualities if the job required it.
The above are the contents of job specification