In last article we have discussed the benefits of job analysis. Today we will discuss the steps or methods or processes involved in job analysis. Job analysis mainly consists of following 8 steps:
1) Organize and plan for programme: the organization must determine who will be the in charge of the programme and must assign the responsibilities to the designated person.
2) Obtain current job design information: the designated person should next obtain current job description, job specification.
3) Conduct required research: the job analyst should investigate which are the persons in the organization require job analysis.
4) Establish priorities in job analysis: the personnel department should identify the jobs to be analyzed first.
5) Collection of job data: next step is to collect the data about the selected job.
6) Redesign the job: then the job is redesigned if necessary.
7) Preparation of job description: then the job description is prepared which consists of main features of the job along with duties, location and degree of risk involved.
8) Preparation of job specification: it consists of requirement of the job holder for successfully performing the job.
These are the 8 steps in job analysis